Our first competition is in the books and it was great to have the opportunity to take some of our team to compete after 3 great weeks of practice. Thanks to everyone who came out to support our athletes at the UW-Shell.
Our boys team competed hard and we came away with a few personal bests to start the season and a lot of our returners starting the season running faster, jumping farther/higher, or throwing farther than they did to start the season last year.
Here are some highlights from the boys results.
- 2 Boys (Jordan Shields and Paul Nwankwo) made the finals of the 55
- Tyler Hull placed 6th in the 200m
- Max Loetscher placed 4th in the 1600 running 4:46
- Julian Rohn-Capellaro placed 5th in the 3200 in 10:26
- 4×100 placed 3rd
- Brett Richardson placed 4th in the High Jump at 5′ 8″
- Devan Marz and Garrett Smyth tied for 1st in the Pole Vault at 11ft
Our girls team placed 3rd in city behind Memorial and La Follette. We saw some great things in our first meet and are excited to get back to training and build on the successes we saw this weekend.
Here are some highlights from the girls results.
- Riley Larson and Parker Buske both made the final in the 55 meters placing 2nd and 5th
- Riley and Parker also placed 1st and 2nd in the 200m running 26.85 and 27.93 respectively
- Izzy Blanchard and Celia Ramsey took 4th and 5th in the 400m
- Lily Jenssen placed 5th in the 800m
- 4×400 placed 2nd
- Quinn Buob placed 2nd in the High Jump with a new personal best of 4’10”
- Celia Luner tied for 3rd in Pole Vault matching her personal best
- Parker Buske won the Long Jump in a new school record of 17′ 10″