West Relays always brings in some of the top Boys teams from around the state. Many of the event winners from the past Saturday will be vying for state championships in June. We were really pleased with what we saw from the group of guys we took this weekend. We came away from this weekend with some great performances, some learning experiences, and some new personal records.
- In the 55 we saw Quin Danner run 6.92, Tyre Toby set a personal record(PR) of 7.23, Tyler Hull set a PR of 7.17 and Modou Lamin Janneh run 6.91.
- In the 200m Paul Nwanko ran 26.16 and Xavier Madden ran 27.13
- Sawyer Jones ran a Season best 60.42 in the 400m
- Henry Hansen ran a PR of 2:12.08 in the 800m
- Julian Rohn-Capellaro placed 6th in the 1600m running a 4:39.68. Ian Vize ran a great race narrowly missing his PR in 5:29
- In the 3200 Max Loetscher and Ludo Wedge both made their debut running 10:19.67 and 11:25 respectively.
- Isaiah Blucher got under 10 seconds for the 3rd consecutive 55m Hurdles race.
- Brett Richardson set a PR in the High Jump clearing 5′ 10″
- Devan Marz tied his PR of 11′ 6″ in the Pole Vault
- In the Long Jump Dakarai Clay jumped 18′ 6″ in his debut.
- Michael Stephenson narrowly missed his seasons best in the shot put throwing 41’4″
We saw some other promising performances in our relays and are excited to transition to the Outdoor Season on Tuesday and see what all of our athletes can do.