Our first Dual-Meet of the season is in the books. This meet gave us the opportunity to get almost our entire team into their events to compete. Most of our athletes were able to participate in multiple events and now have a performance to try and improve upon this year.
Here are a few highlights for the girls from Tuesdays action.
- Our girls 4×100 of Buske, Blanchard, Ramsey, and Larson won running a time of 51.54 which at the time had them ranked 2nd in the state. They currently sit at 8th.
- Riley Larson won the 200 in which currently has her at 7th in the state
- Parker Buske won the Long Jump in 17′ 6.5″ and she is currently ranked 10th in the state
- We saw personal records in the 200m from Soukeye Ndoye, Thut Trang-Le, and Tiana Brown
- In the long jump we saw personal records from Haylee Malson and Shayla Moseberry
We also had some great performances and personal bests from the boys.
- In the 200m Sawyer Jones, James Pope, Tate Sayre, and Garrett Smyth all set big new personal records.
- We were really excited with what we saw from our relay groups for the boys and are looking forward to seeing what they can accomplish before the end of the season.
- We had several of our boys competing in Long Jump for the first time and we had some great opening marks.
- Many more of our boys team narrowly missed their personal bests and are way ahead of where they were at this point last year.