On May 22nd we some of our Varsity athletes took part in the Regional Meet at Madison Memorial High School. At this meet the top 4 in each event qualify for the Sectional Meet.
The following are some of the boys highlights from the meet.
- Brett Richardson took 2nd in the high jump clearing 5′ 11″ to qualify for sectionals.
- John Morris took 2nd in long jump with a leap of 21′ 3.5″ to qualify for sectionals. John also finished 5th in the 100m
- CJ Dean threw a personal record 42′ 3.5″ to finish 9th.
- Quin Danner ran a personal record 11.47 to finish 4th and qualify for sectionals.
- Julian Rohn-Capellaro ran a personal record of 4:30.96 to finish 6th in the 1600.
- Henry Hansen set a personal record 4:36.05 in the 1600.
- Our boys 4×100 and 4×200 both finished 5th narrowly missing qualifying on to the sectional meet.
On the girls side we had some really great performances as well.
- Quinn Buob came back from injury to finish 8th in the high jump clearing 4′ 8″.
- Shayla Moseberry finished 9th in triple jump with a leap of 32′ 0.75″.
- Our 4×100 and 4×200 both finished 3rd to qualify on to the sectional meet.
- Lily Jenssen ran a personal best 2:30 in the 800 to finish 9th.
- Riley Larson won the 200m in 26.55
- Parker Buske won the long jump with a leap of 17′ 5.5″
- Rachel Hughes placed 8th in the 1600 with a time of 5:39.92